Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Feliz Año Nuevo! (Happy New Year!)

   Many people say that the way you bring in the new year rings in the rest of the year. I guess that means I'll have a dancing, foodiefull, Spanish year. It's a good thing because I'm really enjoying myself! In El Bolson the atmosphere is both chill and chilly. The town is run by good old hippies and is dominated by a holistic and organic way of life. The hostel La Casona de Odile is the most gorgeous I've seen so far. It's on a river bank tied in by bridges and hammocks with nature over flowing on both the in and the outside. The place was built by an artist with the vision of bringing people together which is evident in the many fire places and cozy common areas perfect for a New Years celebration.

   The night was a huge success with an amazing potluck dinner offering everything from home made pizzas, vegetarian tarts, fresh bread rolls, curry chicken, quiches, roasted pork, and many salads. My addition of baked potatoes with mushrooms and cheese, again, went very fast. The main attraction was the home made punch I was sipping all night and of course dessert, which consisted of 2 different types of dolce de leche cakes, plum crumble and chocolate cherries. What a sweet way to bring in the New Year!

   I spent most of the night dancing or going for walks in my beautiful surroundings. I feel in tune with nature and the people around me. Letting go and just feeling life roll feels so natural. It's a fine balance between stirring yourself in the right direction and allowing the flow of meant to be. Stay open, keep positive and let your worries blow away with yesterday's year. Feel the present and enjoy what life gives you. Feliz año nuevo!









31 DEC 13



No comments:

Post a Comment