Thursday, May 29, 2014

Mendoza and Wine

   After spending a week at the Hare Krishna ashram I needed a place to unwind and to break all the rules. Mendoza was the most logical place to go because it's one of the best wine regions of the world. I was obviously not disappointed and I definitely had my share of Malbec for the weekend. The landscapes were really mesmerizing. The vineyards with the multi colors of autumn were gorgeous especially with the backdrop of the Andes. To explore the region I did a vineyard bike tour that had us quickly swerving through the many wineries. The wine was delicious, so much so that I have been converted to a red wine drinker, something I never expected to happen to me. On day two I rode a horse through the hills as the sun went down painting the sky in pinks and purples. As all good endings in Argentina, a full asado (BBQ) was included accompanied by gallons of local Malbec. Every one was very jolly when we piled back into the van to take us back to the city.

   The city of Mendoza is very pretty as well with lots of greenery everywhere. All the streets are lined with giant trees that look magnificent especially in this time of year when they get decorated by yellow, orange and red leafs. There are tons of parks for people to relax in or if you are me they are a perfect place to dance. As my trip continuous I'm becoming braver by the day. Now when I want to sing I sing and when I want to dance I do that too. I find myself a stage in strange places like on top of the fountain of independence which is the heart and soul of Mendoza. A lot of people pretend they don't notice me, which is totally fine because I'm not doing it for attention. I'm dancing because that is what my heart desires. Other people take an interest or think I'm crazy, I'm not really sure which it is. They applause at the end of my dances, they thank me for bringing beauty into their day or they ask me for pictures. The best response I've had was a bunch of clowns jumping in and joining my twirls and shakes. Or the time I was dancing with Rata, the rat, along side two great musicians. Yes I did get it on video and as soon as I get this whole editing thing down they will be here for you to laugh at with me.

   I have learned so much about life and myself on this trip. One of the most valued lessons for me has been to listen to my heart's callings and then be brave enough to act. Others opinions don't concern me because I love myself, especially when I'm having fun and being silly! Thanks Mendoza for all the good times. I don't know when I'll be back in Argentina but it was a delight especially with all the dulce de leche, facturas, and all that amazing meat you cooked so well. Te amo Argentina y gracias por todo!

The area full of wine and vine!

Mendoza and all its glory!


The Food!

The Asado!
Yes these all have dulce de leche layers... Yummmm
Facturas = the 3rd meal of the day before dinner that is just dessert



The dances that will soon be here:



16-19 May 2014






No comments:

Post a Comment